Thursday, December 31, 2009

Finishing Just Under the Wire

I didn't start 2009 with any New Year's resolutions. I never do -- it would be an act of utter futility. But I did come into the home stretch of the year with a bunch of things I wanted to finish up. And I did. Here's what I managed to get done since Thanksgiving:
  • Finished uploading London photos to Flickr.
  • Finished uploading North Carolina photos also.
  • Put postal code tags on all the photos in the London Street Names group that were missing said tags.
  • Knit three pairs of yoga/pilates socks and about a dozen flower or leaf bookmarks for my pals' crimbo prezzies.
  • Entered donations in the donor database of the women's org I volunteer with; exported list for next mailing.
While I don't plan on making any resolutions for 2010, I do have a few ideas floating around in my head of things that I'd like to accomplish in the coming year:
  • Get back to working on the heavy sweater I'm knitting and have it done while it's still wicked cold outside.
  • Knit a few other things in my Ravelry queue, especially things that will help me to de-stash because it's getting a bit difficult to get into my storage closet with all the bags of yarn from Webs everywhere.
  • Start some theme threads for the London Street Names group.
  • Read the excellent new books that people gave me -- Mrs. Woolf and the Servants, Walking London, Offshore, The Secret Language of Knitters and the London Knowledge card deck called What Happened Here?
  • Start planning the next trip to wherever.
  • Take hoop exercise classes (well, take a class and see if I survive before committing myself to more classes).
Here's wishing the best for 2010 to all my mates. I hope that your wishes come true and that you reach your goals, however modest or grand they may be. And I hope to see many of you in the new year, either in person or on the internets.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your laudable accomplishments and cheers to you for 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scribegirl6:52 PM

    ....and what about the resolution to paint bathroom(s)?

    Sorry -- home improvement's just on my mind!

    ReplyDelete