Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Cosmic Shift

I know it's not down to global warming or a change in my diet, so it must be that the stars and planets are somehow realigning. For years I've been an avowed non-joiner, but lately I've found myself signing up for activities. Not just any activities, mind you, but ones that involve exercise and/or participating with people I don't (yet) know.

First came the
Pilates lessons, and then the hooping classes, which I'm going to keep doing. I've roped another pal into coming to hoop class with me this coming Sunday, and I'm trying to twist the arm of another pal.

The latest is that this week I became a charter member of the Northampton Camera Club. Six people attended the initial meeting of the club, and we agreed to try to meet on a monthly basis to share and critique photos. We may do some assignments that we can work on in between meetings, or we might have some group photo rambles. The whole thing is pretty much TBA at the moment. No one else in the group uses Flickr, so my task is to walk them through the process of getting an account. And I'm to set up a Flickr group for the club.


And if this wasn't enough, I'm thinking of joining an almost-weekly knitting group that meets in one of the downtown Noho pizza parlors. I don't know what's gotten into me with all this joining.

2 comments:

  1. Well if it's not global warming then it must be 'fate'(whatever that is).

    As long as you are not hurting anyone or frightening the neighbours and kittens don't get killed then it must be ok to join these activities.

    Me, I just don't get it. I've been to two pilates classes, one yoga class, one history society meeting. I did do a whole course of carpentry classes and I still have the coffee table to prove it.

    Anyway, I look forward to seeing the efforts of the camera group, vicarously of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charter membership is the best. You can bend it to your will. It will be fun to start a flickr group for NoHoPhoTo--surprised that no one else uses it. Are all 6 shooting digital? What is the age range? What is the native Hamp to non-native Hamp quotient?

    ReplyDelete